Sunday, 27 July 2014

60s style: green check woolen shift dress

 

The pattern for this dress came from the Burda Sewing Vintage Modern book that I posted about a few weeks ago. It's the Jamie Shift Dress.

The pattern was relatively easy - with the lowest difficulty rating in the book - but time consuming, especially as I finished off all the hems with bias binding again. This time it was really necessary, as the woollen fabric was amazingly prone to fraying: I left a trail of debris every time I moved it!

Unfortunately the sizing came up too big. I was able to alter it to make it quite a bit better, but it is still a bit too loose at the top. I have since been told that Burda patterns often come up quite large, so will be sure to revise down next time.

But all that said, I really love the fabric, and am happy with the overall result. I'm looking forward to showing it off in the office.


No comments:

Post a Comment